The Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe is a cheerful and colorful ride-on toy suitable for toddlers aged between 1 and 3 years of age.
Made by American-based company Little Tikes, it will provide your child with hours of indoor or outdoor fun. It will also improve their balance, coordination and large motor skills, and strengthen his or her leg muscles.
The reason for the latter is that there are no pedals. To move around, kids need to use their legs and feet to pull themselves forward or pull themselves backward.
One of the most-user friendly toys of its type, there is almost no learning curve involved. Your toddler will be able to climb aboard and start using it immediately.
With their feet being on the ground, they will feel safe. This makes the Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rolling Giraffe Ride an excellent choice for a first bike. It helps kids to gain confidence and progress to a model with pedals when they are a little older.
In this review, we will look at the toys specs, key features, pros, and cons, so you can decide whether or not it will suit your child.
Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Ride-On Toy Specs
Dimensions – The Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin Giraffe measures 15.50″ (L) x 22″ (W) x 16″ (H)
Weight – It weighs 2 lbs
Weight capacity – This model can support up to 50 pounds
Suited to – The bike suits boys and girls aged between 12 months and 3 years of age
Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Ride-On Overview
The Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin Giraffe is one of the cutest toys of its kind that you will find. Just looking at the little guy will make your child’s face light up, so have your camera ready when you take it out of the box.
The giraffe’s ears act as handles. Its spots comprise stick-on decals that your child can place wherever they want to.
An oversized back wheel with a wheel guard and a wide front wheelbase provide stability and safety and help to prevent the toy from tipping over. Its finish is non-toxic paint, so your child won’t be inhaling any nasty chemicals. And if your little one chews on it, they won’t be ingesting anything harmful.
The Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin Giraffe is very reasonably priced. Even more so given that kids can get up to a couple of years use from it. Toddlers grow quickly, and it’s disappointing to buy an expensive toy that only gets a few months of use. This makes affordability and longevity considerations when buying for kids in this age group, particularly if you’re on a tight budget.
Another thing parents appreciate about this toy is that kids can ride it in the house or outside in the garden. Being so light, you could even take it to the park.
NB: Young children should be supervised when using this or any other ride-on toy.
Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin Giraffe Ride-On Video Demonstration
Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Pros
- The toy’s cute and vibrantly colored appearance makes it a hit with adults and toddlers
- It is lightweight and portable
- Enables young kids to experience their first solo bike ride
- Improves large motor skills, coordination, balance, and leg strength
- It is one of the most budget-friendly items of its type
- It has a durable non-toxic finish
- The seat is height-adjustable to accommodate growing legs
- Suitable to use indoors or out
Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Cons
- The wheels of the Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Ride do not roll, so your child will need to pull him or herself along
- Some parents have complained that the front wheels are too close to where their toddler’s feet are when they’re riding on the toy
- While most reviewers have stated that this model is sturdy and stable, a few have reported that their kids have fallen off it
- While this model is height adjustable, this isn’t by much, so taller kids will outgrow it sooner than shorter ones
- The decals tend to fade and fall off over time
Final Words on the Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe
While the Little Tikes Go and Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe has mostly positive buyer feedback, reviews on Amazon are somewhat mixed. Having bought one each for my niece and a friend’s toddler, I’m a fan. Both recipients and their parents love the toy, and they haven’t encountered any problems with it.
It’s cute, it’s fun, and kids don’t outgrow it as quickly as some similar toys. Check it out if you’re looking for an inexpensive gift for a toddler.