If you’re wondering whether the Graco Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker is right for your baby, read this in-depth review to help you decide.
Holding and rocking a baby is an excellent way to calm and relax them. It’s also great for bonding, but after a while, it becomes tiring and tough on the arms, shoulders, and back. And sometimes there are other things we want or need to do like grab a coffee, take a shower, clean the house, or cook dinner.
Thanks to advances in technology, there is now equipment that can safely rock your baby for you, enabling you to have them within reach while you engage in other activities. One such device is the Graco Duet Soothe. It swings, it rocks, it vibrates, and it comes with fifteen soothing sounds and three soft toys.
If you detach the seat and attach the carry handle, the swing becomes a portable rocker.
Keep reading to find out about the specs, an overview, the key features, pros, and cons of this multi-purpose device.
Graco Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker Specs
Dimensions – The Graco Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker measures 33″ (L) x 34″ (W) x 43″ (H).
Weight – The swing weighs 17.9 lb.
– The rocker suits babies who weigh between 5.5 lbs and 25 lbs.
– The swing suits babies who weigh between 5.5 lbs and 30 lbs.
Color options – It comes in two-gender neutral colors, Winslow (light teal and grey), and Sapphire (grey, white, and dark blue).
Batteries – 5 x D batteries are needed to operate the swing, these being four for the swing, and one for the vibration features. Alternatively, it can be plugged into a power outlet. In this case, you will need just the one battery for the vibration.
Graco Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker Overview
Before we dive into the specifics, be assured that Graco is a reputable brand, renowned for manufacturing top quality, durable and comfy baby products. The Graco Duet Swing Rocker is no exception.
A combination rocker and swing, its generous weight limit will enable your child to get up to two years use from the swing, which makes it excellent value.
A 5-point safety harness keeps baby safe and secure and gives mom and dad peace of mind.
The comfortable seat has three position options which enable the swing to sway back and forth, from side-to-side, or diagonally, with six different speeds offered. You will be able to make the adjustments with one hand.
The seat is large, and it provides plenty of support. Its interior is soft, plush, and snuggly.
A vibration function with two speed settings makes for relaxing times in the seat. Ten classical melodies and five white noise nature sounds will keep your little one entertained and engaged before they drift off to sleep. Three soft teddy bear toys that dangle from an overhead mobile will amuse and entertain them at play time.
Detach the seat, and you have a rocker that is robust but light enough to carry around the house with your baby inside. This means you can move it to another room to keep your little one with you as you do housework or go about your day. A gentle push will set it in motion, as will the baby’s movement.
Most people who left a review stated that the assembly process was quick and easy, taking fifteen minutes or less. Along with written instructions, there’s a step-by-step video available to view on YouTube, if need be. The only tool needed is a screwdriver.
Cleaning the unit requires nothing more than a wipe over the frame with a damp soapy clock if needed. The cloth seat pad is removable so that you can machine wash and air dry it.
To operate the swing, you can either plug it into a power source or use rechargeable batteries. The latter makes the rocker portable, giving you and your baby the freedom to move from place to place.
The Graco Duet Soothe comes with a 1-year Limited Warranty against manufacturing defects.
How to assemble the Graco Swing Rocker
Graco Duet Soothe Pros & Key Features
- A plush padded seat with a removable headrest and carbon-filled toughened plastic frame provide comfort and resilience.
- The seat is detachable to enable you to move the rocker into another room or take it with you when you go out.
- A removable carry handle provides convenience.
- It suits newborns through to infants weighing 25 to 30 lbs.
- The seat will cocoon your little one in comfort.
- The swing lets you take a break from rocking your baby.
- It has six speeds, and it can be set to move from side-to-side, or backward and forward, to suit your child’s mood.
- Two-speed vibration helps to relax a restless baby.
- It comes with a choice of ten different melodies and five white noise and nature sounds including a heartbeat, ocean waves, rainfall, birds chirping, and crickets.
- The electronic control panel is easy to access and user-friendly. For example, press the button with the musical note on it to play the tunes, or press the button with the bird on it to play the nature sounds.
- Can be plugged into a power source or operated with a set of batteries.
Graco Duet Soothe Cons
- A few parents said that they thought the music was a bit too loud.
- None of the functions is automatic. Starting and stopping the swing, vibration, and sounds must be done manually.
- When using batteries, you will need to recharge them after operating the device for three hours.
- Several buyers stated that after a few months use, their Graco Duet Soothe Swing Rocker developed a loud clicking sound.
- A small number of customers reported that the motor of the rocker gave out after several months. Should this occur, contact customer service who will dispatch a replacement.
Final Thoughts on the Graco Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker
A baby swing and a rocker are invaluable for new moms and dads. With this model, you will be getting both.
Able to relax and entertain babies and infants, the Graco Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker will give you a helping hand when you need it the most. Safe and comfortable, it should give you many months of trouble-free use.
If this isn’t the model you’re looking for, click on the following link to read about these popular baby bouncers and swings.
Click on the link below to find out more about the Graco Swing & Rocker.