In this review, we look at the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System to help you decide if it will be right for your child.
A stroller and a baby car seat/bassinet are among the most important purchases parents make for their baby.
When deciding which model to buy, safety and comfort are a priority. This model excels on both fronts. It also looks great; it’s high in quality, durable, and remarkably affordable given its versatility.
Configurable to six different modes, your little one will be able to use the system from birth until they are a toddler.
Keep reading, to find out everything you may want to know about the Evenflo Pivot Travel System before purchasing.
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System Specs
Dimensions – The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System measures 34″ (L) x 25.5″ (W) x 47″ (H)
Toddler seat dimensions – The toddler seat measure 12″ across. The seatback measures 17″, and it is 23″ from the bottom of the seatback to the top of the canopy.
Car seat dimensions – 17.5″ (W) x 24″ (H) x 29″ (D).
Weight – The car seat weighs approximately 8lbs. The stroller weighs 20lbs.
Car seat – The car seat can be used by infants weighing 4 to 35 pounds who are between 17″ and 32″ tall providing the top of their head is at least one inch below the top of the seatback.
Stroller – The stroller is suitable for infants weighing up to 50 pounds.
Expiration date – The expiration date for this model is six years.
Color choices – It is available in four colors, including Casual Gray, Dusty Rose, Navy, and Sandstone.
Evenflo Modular Travel System Overview – Stroller
The Evenflo Modular Travel System is a stylish and versatile baby travel system that has proven to be very popular with parents. Equipped with six different travel modes, these include infant car seat frame stroller, stroller seat, and carriage mode, with rear and front-facing options.
The stroller’s handlebar is located 40 inches above ground height. Foam-covered, its ergonomic design reduces wrist strain.
The 5-point front adjustable safety harness is height and length adjustable. Four harness height positions and three crotch buckle and hip-width positions will enable you to find the safest and most comfortable spot for your child. Buckle pockets prevent the fasteners from overheating in the sun and burning your little one’s tender skin.
The Evenflo Pivot Stroller has a removable infant insert pad which provides comfort and allows newborn babies to ride in carriage mode. When they outgrow it, it can be removed to give them more room. The stroller has a reinforced footwell, and it comes with a soft cover to keep your baby cozy on cold days.
A three-panel canopy provides total-coverage. It will protect your little one from the elements and provide darkness when they want to nap while out and about. A mesh peek-a-boo window with solid fabric cover allows mom or dad to lift the flap to see their baby. With no fastener or Velcro to fiddle with, you won’t have to stop walking to check on them, and you won’t have to worry about inadvertently waking them if they’re asleep.
When your child is old enough to support their neck and back, they can ride in toddler mode. Whichever setting you choose, your child can face in or out. Four incline options including totally flat will enable them to nap. This position is also handy for diaper changes. Adjusting the incline is quick and easy.
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Stroller has a trigger release system which makes it easy to fold. Just press the levers on either side of the handlebar, and the stroller will fold back on itself. You won’t even have to bend down to do this. If you want to leave the stroller folded, press another button to lock it in place, and it will stand upright and remain closed. At this point, it will be compact enough to store in a closet or the trunk of most carts, even small ones.
Two large 9″ rear cruiser tires and two smaller 7″ front wheels make for smooth rides regardless of the terrain you are traversing. The sturdy and durable plastic tires will never get a flat. The back wheels have brakes which lock and unlock independently.
Most of the components of the Evenflo Pivot Travel System wipe clean with a damp soapy cloth. The machine-washable seat pad can be machine or air-dried.
Other convenient features which parents love include a roomy under-seat storage basket with a reinforced base and mesh sides. There’s also a removable bumper bar with an integrated toddler snack tray and a cup holder for parents.
Evenflo Pivot Manual Travel System Overview – Car Seat
The Evenflo SafeMax Infant Car Seat with SafeZone Base is perfect for bringing your newborn home from the hospital and later taking them to visit friends and relatives around town.
Simulated tests have proven that the seat stays intact when exposed to energy levels twice that of Federal Crash Test Standard. An anti-rebound bar will absorb and decrease rebound movement in the event of a front-impact crash. It will also help to protect your child during side-impact and rollover events.
A rear-facing model, one-click is all it takes to install the seat into your car and to remove it. An integrated 2-step belt lock-off system takes out the guesswork and ensures that you mount the base correctly for maximum safety.
The car seat has a handlebar which allows you to carry it in the crook of an arm if desired.
Evenflo Modular Travel System Video Review
Evenflo Modular Travel System Stroller Pros, Cons, & Features
Pros & Features
- Comfortable seat for more relaxed outings
- Provides a smooth ride for baby and parents
- Multiple-configurations to suit newborns through to toddlers
- Multiple seat incline positions enable you to find the most suitable one for the situation
- A 5-point adjustable safety harness will keep your little one safe and secure
- Front swivel wheels make it easier to negotiate different locations and terrains
- Individual rear wheel brakes
- The tires will never go flat
- A full-coverage canopy with a peek-a-boo window protects from the wind and sun
- A soft cover provides warmth during cold weather
- The ergonomic handlebar makes even the longest walk more comfortable for mom and dad’s wrists and forearms
- A dual-trigger folding system makes for quick, speedy folding
- The oversized under-seat storage basket will enable you to take yours and your babies essentials on outings
- The toddler snack tray will allow your little one to eat and drink on the go
- A Flex-Hold parent cup holder located on the right handlebar will give you access to a drink without having to worry about spills
- Has a detachable seat pad
- While the brakes are easy to operate, each has to be locked and unlocked separately
- You will need to use both hands to unfold the stroller
- The fixed handlebar may not suit very short or very tall people
- The warranty is short at just 90 days
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System Car Seat Pros & Features
- A 5-point harness with harness cover pads will keep your baby safe and secure
- The SafeMax Infant Car Seat Base with Anti-Rebound Bar will help to protect your child
- SensorSafe™ Technology will alert you if your child undoes the chest clip, and when you reach your destination it will remind you to take the child out of the back seat of the car
- Designed to limit rollover and side-impact incidents
- The SafeZone™ Headrest features 4 safety layers
- The belt lock-off system makes installation foolproof
- Multiple base positions allow you to customize to your particular vehicle
- The lushly padded body pillow provides comfort
- The seat pad is machine-washable
- The ergonomic handle fits comfortably in the bend of an arm for convenient carrying when your hands are full
Evenflo Pivot Travel System Car Seat Cons
- The car seat can only be used rear-facing
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System Summary
Lightweight, compact, versatile, and quick and easy to convert to the desired transport mode, the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System has everything that parents want in a baby transport system.
It looks great, and even more importantly it will help to keep your little one safe and comfortable. The system has some outstanding features that deliver the utmost in functionality and convenience. Included among these are a full-coverage canopy, in-seat fold, a large storage basket, a parent cup holder, and an ergonomic handle.
If you’re looking for a jogging stroller/travel system, be sure to read my review of the Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System.